A photograph of the Lithuanian Nationality Room in the Cathedral of Learning. The Lithuanian Room is designed to reflect people's reliance on their homes and towns. The materials used for this room were pulled from people's houses or farms. The fresco on the back wall is entitled "The Two Kings," who protect the most valuable thing in Lithuanian culture, which is the village. The stars in the background of the fresco are symbols of hope. The Lithuanian Room was dedicated October 4, 1940. This room, along with 25 other Nationality Rooms all with different architectural styles, was conceived in the 1920s by sociologist Ruth Crawford Mitchell as a means of linking the university with the immigrant culture of the steel-working families.